ORIGINAL NATURAL DEODORANT™ Packaged in a plastic-free 3.4 ounce push-up tube
DESCRIPTION: The newest member of the Ranger Balm family, our natural deodorant is truly skincare for your underarms. Our tried-and-true formula has been perfected to fight odor, absorb moisture, hydrate, and soothe even the most sensitive and eczema-prone skin to give you the ultimate confidence.
Our natural deodorant works with your body, not against it. Powered by magnesium hydroxide to fight odor-causing bacteria and organic arrowroot to absorb excess moisture, our formula keeps you fresh without relying on synthetic fragrances to merely mask smells, irritating baking soda, or questionable ingredients like aluminum salts that work by clogging your sweat ducts.
Handcrafted with clean, natural, certified organic, sustainably sourced, vegan, and cruelty-free ingredients.
WHAT MAKES OUR DEODORANT SPECIAL: We started with our beloved multipurpose balm and enhanced it with alternatives to aluminum to provide a better way to stay fresh. We don't aim to clog up your sweat-ducts the way aluminum does. Rather, our deodorant fights odor and absorbs moisture with simple, minimal, and natural plant-based ingredients you already know and love, thoughtfully chosen for their unique and time-tested abilities to maintain freshness and gently yet effectively hydrate and soothe all skin types.
Fun fact: our deodorant was formulated not only for those with sensitive skin, but for those caring for others with sensitive skin. Eczema-prone little ones often curl up into their caregivers’ nooks, whether they’re nursing, cuddling, or getting carried around, and contact with fragrances and ingredients in deodorants can often be a source of irritation. Rest assured, with our deodorant you don't need to worry about sensitive little cheeks coming into contact with your underarms (our natural deodorant was founder-formulated by a mom, for herself, while caring for her eczema-prone children).
Magnesium hydroxide (which naturally occurs in the mineral brucite, or can be made by treating seawater with lime) helps to optimize the pH of your underarms to fight odor causing bacteria. Unlike baking soda, a common ingredient found in other natural deodorants, magnesium is gentle and non-irritating on the skin and has a hard time dissolving in water thus allowing it to outlast your sweat!
Arrowroot powder is a mineral-rich starch from the arrowroot plant that works to absorb excess moisture while softening, nourishing, and soothing even the most sensitive and eczema-prone skin.
Organic plant-based oils and vegan wax (just like the ones found in our multipurpose balms) combine to hydrate, nourish, and soothe even the most dry, sensitive, and eczema-prone skin.
HOW TO USE IT: Swipe a few times onto clean, dry, skin (for external use only, but not limited to underarms). Product will melt on contact for an easy and smooth application, and the shape of the deodorant will mold to the contour of your underarm.
SKIN TYPES: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive and eczema-prone.*
- Magnesium Hydroxide helps to optimize the pH of your underarms to fight odor causing bacteria. Unlike baking soda, a common ingredient found in natural deodorants, magnesium is gentle and non-irritating on the skin and has a harder time dissolving in water thus helping it to outlast your sweat.
- Organic Arrowroot Powder is a mineral-rich starch from the arrowroot plant that works to absorb excess moisture while softening and soothing even the most sensitive and eczema-prone skin
- Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is a natural emollient that is rich in linoleic acid, phytoceramides, and vitamin E. It has anti-inflammatory and barrier restoring effects, and hydrates the skin while helping to strengthen and preserve skin barrier integrity.
- Organic Grapeseed Oil is a natural emollient rich in linoleic acid, resveratrol, and vitamin E. Its high antioxidant activity helps to protect the skin from the harmful effects of solar radiation, reduce the appearance of scars and discoloration, and combat the signs of aging. Moreover, it provides antimicrobial activity that may have an inhibitory effect on the growth of Staphylococcus aureus – a specific type of bacteria often over-colonized on eczema-prone skin.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a natural emollient rich in lauric acid. It's known for its excellent moisturizing and antimicrobial properties, and its high content of lauric acid helps to fight Staphylococcus aureus – a specific type of bacteria often over-colonized on eczema-prone skin – and Propionibacterium acnes – also known as acne-causing bacteria.
- Non-GMO Sunflower Seed Wax is a vegan occlusive that effectively replaces the need for animal and fossil fuel derived barrier protection (such as lanolin, beeswax, and petroleum) to help seal in the skin’s natural moisture and prevent transepidermal water loss.
ALL INGREDIENTS: Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Powder, Magnesium Hydroxide (Derived from Seawater Treated with Lime), Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Non-GMO Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax
QUALITY AND SOURCING: Our ingredients were thoughtfully chosen to benefit even the most sensitive skin, and each ingredient was further sourced for its highest quality form—our ingredients are certified organic and / or non-GMO, and sourced from suppliers committed to sustainability.
ATTRIBUTES WE'RE PROUD OF: Clean, Natural, Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Eco-Conscious and Plastic-Free Deodorant, Carbon-Neutral Ground Shipping, Hand-Poured in Small Batches, 100% Female Owned & Operated, 2% Donated to Environmental & Animal Welfare Organizations
Please note: Our deodorant is best stored at room temperature with the lid on. For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Keep out of reach of children. Not intended to treat or cure any disease. *While this product was created with even the most sensitive skin in mind, always check with your doctor when introducing something new, especially if pregnant, breastfeeding, or using for pediatric purposes.
The Results Are In
I tried Ranger Balm Deodorant durning a week of the hottest temperatures on record and it did not disappoint. I spent time outdoors gardening and there was absolutely no stink at all. I have extremely sensitive eczema and rosacea prone skin and I always develop a bad and itchy rash under my arms when I use deodorant with fragrance, baking soda or a solid salt crystal. Ranger balm was very gentle on my skin and I had no adverse reaction to it. Plus I love the fact that the packaging is plastic free.
This really works!!!!
I was blown away by how well this deodorant worked for me! As someone who tends to be extra sweaty, this truly kept me smelling clean all day long (even through two intense lifting workouts). The formula is smooth and doesn’t leave a white cast on the skin. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a natural deodorant that actually works!
after a day of sun, sand and sea, this product continues to work. No odor, minimal perspiration. Goes on clear non-irritating. can tell that it is well designed and well packaged.
Highly recommend RANGER BALM - NATURAL DEODORANT
I have been using Ranger Balm product since it was first released and just started using the deodorant. I am happy to write a positive review for not only the product but also the caring, time and attention to the brand. Ranger Balm is as much a concept as it is effective and the deodorant complements the "Balm" product very nicely. There's always room for one more great story and Ranger Balm fits the bill!
Perfect for nursing moms!
We loveeeee Ranger Balm over here and their new deodorant is no different. I’ve tried a lot of natural deodorants over the years but baking soda always tends to irritate me. Now that I’m nursing I’ve been nervous that if my baby comes into contact with my deodorant it could irritate her too. Don’t have to worry about that now!!! Great ingredients (no baking soda) that make my pits feel good and also keep me fresh and dry—can’t ask for anything more. Not sure how they do it but they did!